LIKE it or not, romance is in the air! At The Constantia Village, we’re hopeless romantics who buy into the whole Valentine’s Day thing, and to get you into the mood, we’re celebrating this day of love with a special Valentine Gift Fair from 8 to 14 February, during which time we will also be offering a free gift wrapping service to our customers.
GO FOR THE BIG SPOIL …
If you haven’t thought about what to get your beloved, or you’ve forgotten all about it (again!), we’ve come up with some really good gift ideas:
Even if you don’t buy into the commercialism of Valentine’s Day, it is still a great opportunity to sweetly or splendidly show the one and only in your life that you think they’re special. At The Constantia Village, there are myriad choices for you to do just that:
GIFTS FOR HIM
• He’ll love you forever if you give him a Full Body Swedish Massage, a Sports Massage or a Detoxyifying Back Ritual from Yemaya Salon in the Old Village. Or let him choose his own treatment by giving him a gift voucher.
• If he’s the chief cook in the household, all roads lead to Le Creuset where a red cast-iron casserole dish has his name on it!
• Your outdoorsy man will be in his element with a gift from Cape Union Mart … how about a picnic backpack, which you can then fill with his favourite tipple and delectable eats for a Valentine’s Picnic somewhere scenic.
• Head to Exclusive Books and get him a voucher if he’s a reader …
• Peter Gilder Fine Jewellery has a special 25 per cent discount on all watches: one of them has his name on it.
• If the way to his heart is through his stomach, he’ll love a voucher from Chops Biltong or a big piece of biltong plus his own efficient biltong slicer. Just in time for the next big game …
• Give him a canvas block-mounted print of the two of you, or the family, or a new lens for his camera … Audiolens is the place to go.
• At Belafonte Apparel you’ll find beautiful menswear … and some Toe Porn socks. Go figure!
• Take the initiative and take him out for supper … and it’s not too late to book a table at one of our restaurants in The Old Village, namely Primi Piatti, The Raj, Cattle Baron Grill Room, or Tashas, just outside the main centre, to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
GIFTS FOR HER
• If you can’t take her away for a romantic weekend, plan something for later in the year by popping into Imagine Holidays. They will be able to advise you on the best little romantic getaway … and you could add a set of fuschia-coloured luggage from Cellini.
• Perfume is always a winner and at My Perfume Shop you will be spoilt for choice: follow your nose (you know what she likes, right? Right!) and pick up Narciso Rodriquez for her, Sisley Soir de Lune or Nina Ricci L’Air du Temps.
• Nothing says ‘I love you’ better than a diamond or two … Peter Gilder Fine Jewellery has a beautiful selection of diamond eternity rings (because your love will last forever) set in white, yellow or rose gold. If you’re looking for something different, the Swarovski Valentine’s Day Collection, with its beautifully crafted heart motifs in rose pink and pave crystals and love bracelets, at Spilhaus will fit the bill.
• Say it with flowers. It works every single time. At The Constantia Village, Constantia Florist will make up a special bouquet just for your loved one, or a bunch of silk flowers which will last forever, just like your love. Then there will be beautiful bunches to be had at Woolworths, Pick ‘n Pay and Alphen Spar in the Old Village. If you’re not a red rose type, the selection is a varied and the message the same: love, love, love.
• If she’s the sentimental type, a foil balloon with a special Valentine’s message or a soft toy from Cardies will put you in her good books.
• Take advantage of the special at Le Creuset (20 per cent off all heart-shaped items) and buy her a set of stoneware ‘pinch bowls’ in rose quartz or heart-shaped plates. Or opt for a cast-iron heart-shaped casserole in berry pink.
• Spoils for the body are to be found at Organic Living (if she’s a tongue-in-cheek kind of gal get her the Horny Cow Seductive Bath and Showel Gel from the Cowshed range!) and Linen & Glass, which also has divine scented candles – perfect for a romantic evening – from Crabtree & Evelyn, Charlotte Rhys and Molton Brown. Or give her a voucher from one of our beauty salons: Yemaya Salon, Yanmei’s Professional Massage and Beauty Salon (both in The Old Village), ManiPedi or Deluxe Laser & Spa in the main centre.
Make your Valentine’s Day special this year. Don’t forget to visit our Valentine Gift Fair from 8 to 14 February to pick up something special (which we will wrap for free) for the special people in your life.
Happy Valentine’s Day!